Outreach Media Material
Take your "volunteer firefighters are needed" message to your community!
It is said that "the man who stands on the side of a mountain with his mouth wide open waiting for a roast duck to fly in, has a long wait". This is true about recruiting new volunteer firefighters as well. Most volunteer fire companies are in need of new members and don't have the luxury of waiting around for new members to show up. They need to take their message to their community. I develope outreach media material "recruitment tools" to make "spreading the word" a little easyer.
Not every fire company has the same community to recruite from, recruitment needs as well as finacial & manpower resources.
There are many types of outreach materials that firefighters may use to communicate to their community.
Your Media Should
- Clearly convey your message and why someone should become a volunteer firefighter.
- Keep your message simple. You have a few seconds to catch your potential recruits attention.
- Your text “copy” should be easy to read “less is more”.
- Use bold colors and high quality professional photographs.
- Short headlines are most powerful.
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment Media